Stuck when it comes to wrapping that perfect present? Then check out our six top tips
- Credit: Madeline Bush
We are told not to judge a book by its cover, yet the wrapping of a Christmas present sometimes seems just as important as the gift inside.
With Brits spending more than £108m on Christmas wrapping paper each year, the perfect wrapped present is at the top of the Christmas list.
For more than 20 years David Auker, part owner of David Auker Jewellery on Norfolk Street, King's Lynn, has offered in store free gift wrapping.
Not surprisingly, this is his busiest time of year. Check out his top tips on wrapping the perfect gift this festive season.
You may also want to watch:
Pick your wrapping paper.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 3 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 5 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 6 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 7 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 8 Former factory site to become a new church
- 9 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 10 Work started on four new homes without permission
Cut paper to size, trying to avoid too much waste.
Fold the edges carefully for a neat fold.
Use sticky tape to seal paper in place.
Have a sticky tape dispenser nearby for quick access.
Add a bow for a seasonal touch.
To ensure no damage and for that extra flourish, pop it in a gift bag.