King’s Lynn Festival box office opens
- Credit: Archant
Kings Lynn Festival box office will open up for general bookings on Monday hot on the heels of a busy period of priority bookings.
The packed programme of events being staged from July 15 - 28 starts and ends with concerts by two world-famous orchestras.
The Halle Orchestra, which has played at the festival throughout its 68-year history, will open this year's feast of music and the arts with an exciting programme including Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue and works by Vaughan Williams and Bernstein.
Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra will close the festival with three favourite Tchaikovsky works and will feature the Festival's artist-in-residence, cellist Marcin Zdunik.
Many more internationally-renowned names visiting at Lynn include guitarist Craig Ogden who will share the stage with vocalist Jacqui Dankworth, Claire Martin and the BBC Big Band, top choral ensemble The Sixteen, pianist Llyr Williams, Alistair McGowan whose career has taken a new path as a pianist, historian and BBC arts presenter Andrew Graham-Dixon, folk singer Eddi Reader and touring band Los Pacaminos with Paul Young.
You may also want to watch:
For Strictly Come Dancing fans there will be a special treat when 2017 finalist Giovanni Pernice ends his 56-date national tour, Born To Win, at the festival.
Festival chairman Alison Croose said: 'Priority booking has proved the broad appeal of the festival programme with exciting events including violinist brothers Vladimir and Anton who were special guests at last year's Friday Night is Music Night recording at the festival.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 9 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
'Historian Suzannah Lipscomb, the King's Lynn Festival Chorus performance of Rachmaninov Vespers, the Chiaroscuro Quartet and the ever-popular series of five morning coffee concerts, plus films and walks, will add to the wide variety of 36 events which offer something for everyone,' she said.
Call the box office at the Corn Exchange on 01553 764864 or visit www.kingslynnfestival.org.uk
Musicians from Hanse countries will launch the Lynn's Hanse Festival at King's Lynn with a concert at All Saints Church on Friday, May 18 (7pm). It comes before a busy day of events and attractions in the town centre on Sunday, May 20.
Tickets (£15 and under 18s £7.50) are available from the Corn Exchange on 01553 764864 or visit www.kingslynnfestival.org.uk.