Serious three-vehicle crash closes part of A47
- Credit: Archant
Part of the A47 has reopened after a serious collision.
It happened on the outskirts of King's Lynn just before 11am.
The road was reopened just after 3.15pm, after vehicles involved were removed from the scene.
Officers were called to reports of a three-vehicle collision on the King's Lynn-bound carriageway of the A47 at Tilney All Saints.
The A47 was closed in both directions from the Shoreboat roundabout to the Pullover roundabout. There were also tailbacks on the westbound carriageway of King's Lynn's southern bypass.
You may also want to watch:
All three emergency services attended the crash, near the roundabout where Main Road joins the A47.
An air ambulance was seen to take off in the direction of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital just after 12-noon.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 3 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 4 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 7 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 8 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 9 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 10 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
Police tweeted: "We have closed the A47 in both directions and advise all motorists to avoid the area."
Norfolk fire service said on its incident log: "Two appliances from Kings Lynn and one from Wisbech attended a road traffic collision on A47, the crew used hydraulic rescue equipment to release one person and assisted the ambulance with casualty care."
- You can keep up to date with all the latest travel information via our live traffic map.