Celebrity football match to kick-off next year
- Credit: IAN BURT
Celebrities will lace up their boots in aid of the Down Syndrome Association on June 7 2020.
The star players will take to the field at 2pm at the home of King's Lynn Town, The Walks, thanks to fundraiser Jamie Wadlow.
Mr Wadlow planned the match as some of his family members have been diagnosed with the condition, previously he has held charity games for Save the Children, at Millwall and Peterborough United.
Celebs FC will take on Mr Wadlow's team, Moulton Seas End, who will kick-off the fundraising with a £500 donation.
Confirmed celebrities include Gogglebox's George Gilby, ghost hunter Ashley Buckenham, and DJ Pied Piper.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Wadlow says small crowds have been a problem at previous events however he believes the King's Lynn event will see a larger turnout.
Mr Wadlow said: "The good thing about King's Lynn is that its smaller and closer to home, so I think you'll get a big crowd in."
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area