King’s Lynn show to get you in festive spirit
- Credit: Archant
The people behind a west Norfolk theatre company are promising a typical musical show for their festive spectacular, A Christmas Cracker.
Les Miles, artistic director and founder of the Lavender Hill Mob theatre company, said: 'It will be a typical Lavender Hill production – big cast, big costumes and big music.
'It's an original script and music, and about 50 members of the company will appear on stage. It will be a great start for putting you all into the Christmas spirit. It's a family show, suitable for all ages, and we use British Sign Language.
'I cannot tell you much about the story, but Santa gives his elves a Christmas task, and it goes from there.'
The group is an inclusive company, which means people of all levels of ability, and those who have disabilities, are welcomed.
You may also want to watch:
Founded in 2001 and based in King's Lynn, the company aims to give everyone, regardless of their ability, a chance to achieve something special and develop their skills through the medium of musical theatre.
A company spokesman added: 'From 2016 on, people will see major developments in the growth of Lavender Hill.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
'We are currently West Norfolk Mayor David Whitby's designated charity and our dream of having our own purpose-built, fully inclusive theatre has now entered its initial planning and consultation stages.'
A Christmas Cracker will be at King's Lynn Corn Exchange at 6.30pm on November 22, and 2.30pm and 6.30pm on November 23 –tickets are available from the box office on 01553 764864.