King’s Lynn shopping centre launches discount card
Shoppers visiting King's Lynn will be able to pick up a discount card from today to help them save money following the VAT hike.
The Vancouver Quarter - the town's main pedestrianised shopping centre - has launched the card to allow shoppers to get a discount at a selection of the centre's shops.
These include discounts of 20pc on jewellery at Diamonds and Pears, 10pc on clothing from Ikon and 10pc on perfume from the Perfume Shop.
Shoppers will also be able to save money on food and drink with Burger King, Wimpy, Shakeaway and Moccachinos offering a 10pc discount.
The centre attracts 180,000 visitors a week and currently has a vacancy rate of 7pc - which is well below the national average of 14pc.
Centre manager Paul Clifford said: 'We've had a prosperous 2010 and we're very excited about the new discount card launching in 2011.
'We're confident that once the card launches - more of our tenants will decide to participate in the scheme.'
- 1 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 2 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 3 7 pubs up for sale or rent in Norfolk
- 4 'I can't stop Western Link work starting in my woodland'
- 5 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 6 Jailed this week: County lines gang and man found with cocaine in his car
- 7 Seven beach walks with a cafe pit stop to try in Norfolk
- 8 One in four patients ignored health conditions after failing to see GP
- 9 Six beaches in Norfolk awarded Blue Flag status for 2022
- 10 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
For more information about the card visit the Vancouver Quarter website at www.vancouverquarter.com.