King’s Lynn runners GEAR-ing up for Queen Elizabeth Hospital’s Excel Appeal
- Credit: Archant
A group of runners from the Queen Elizabeth Hospital are GEAR-ing up to raise money for elderly patients.
Dr Margaret Daly, cancer trials Nurse Hayley Webb along with medical secretaries Sarah Byatt, Karen Wilson and Nicola Ward have signed up to the Asda Foundation Grand East Anglian Run on Sunday, April 30.
The group has taken on the 10km challenge to support the Hospital's Excel Appeal, which is nearing its £50,000 target to buy vital equipment for older patients.
All five are regulars at the King's Lynn Park Run, which takes place on a Saturday in the Walks.
Sarah and Nicola have also successfully completed the Great North Run dressed as Wonder Woman.
You may also want to watch:
The group is hoping to raise £500 for the appeal and is appealing to the public for support.
Dr Daly said: 'Providing high quality care for elderly patients is one of the most important things we do at the hospital so this appeal is really close to our hearts. We would be grateful for any support.'
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
The Excel Appeal total currently stands at £45,961. The Hospital has been working with colleagues at the EDP on the appeal, which is raising money to buy falls prevention equipment, specialist chairs and computer software to stimulate and support people with dementia.
If you would like to support the runners click here.