King’s Lynn ready to welcome the Mart on St Valentine’s Day
Norfolk venue for the first fair of the season
St Valentine's Day will see the opening of the Lynn Mart when all the fun of the fair comes to town.
The Mart is the first event of the year in the diary of the showmen, and guests from around the county will arrive at Lynn's Tuesday Market place for the noon opening of the annual fair. A full civic event with mayors, council leaders, MPs and other dignitaries will mark the event.
This year's Mart, which runs until February 28, also includes a ride called The Move which, according to spokesman Don Gray, turns thrill-seekers upside-down and is guaranteed to be an attraction.
For younger visitors, Children's Day is on Wednesday, February 15, when all rides will be �1. There is also a new ride for them with the arrival of the little bumper bugs for the first time.
The Mart is not opening on Sundays and Mr Gray said the showmen had 'booked good weather' for their stay in the town.
Once the fair ends, around 70pc of the group move off to Wisbech for its Mart and then a couple of weeks later the Peterborough Mart sees the season begin in earnest for the travelling showmen.
- 1 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 3 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 4 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 5 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 6 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 7 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 8 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 9 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 10 Emergency services at scene of crash near A47 in Norwich