King’s Lynn pupil scoops Christmas prize for himself and Greyfriars school
Daniel Boughan designed top card in store competition
Pupils at a King's Lynn primary school had more reason than most to get into the festive spirit when they won a Christmas card competition.
Greyfriars Community Primary School scooped Tesco Gaywood Design a Christmas card prize and bagged a Christmas workshop plus a �250 donation thanks to star pupil Daniel Boughan, 6, who also won a �50 Tesco gift card for himself.
The store, in St Faiths Drive, Gaywood, asked pupils in the community to design a Christmas card and enter a festive competition.
The winning class took part in the special Christmas workshop where children got the chance to decorate their very own delicious ginger bread creations with Jackie Barnett, a Tesco home economist.
You may also want to watch:
Daniel and his classmates enjoyed a festive time at the workshop, Daniel said: 'I was the inn-keeper in the nativity play and then I won the competition. I felt really happy and I stood up and everyone clapped. I don't know what I'm going to spend the money on yet, �50 is a lot!'
Store Manager Colin Rigby was on hand to present the school with the �250 donation and said: 'The Christmas workshop was a magnificent way for the pupils to finish the term. Everybody had a terrific time creating their ginger bread treats. My team and I really enjoyed being involved with the local community - the competition definitely got us all into the spirit of Christmas.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 7 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 8 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
Daniel's winning cheerful Father Christmas card design can be seen on the Tesco Gaywood community board along with the Howard Junior School winning entry by Charlotte Keating, 11.