King’s Lynn husband and wife’s 100-mile cycle challenge
The owner of a King's Lynn video and photography shop is gearing up to take on a 100-mile challenge.
Ivan Wolfe, 64, of Heacham, has owned Wolfy's Photos on Norfolk Street for 28 years and, together with his wife Maureen, will cycle in the Prudential Ride London on July 31.
Mr Wolfe, who will be riding for children's charity Rays of Sunshine, said: 'It's a challenge but not an impossible challenge, most people could do it. You just have to keep going.'
The shop owner has participated in the ride before, and is hoping to complete the route in six hours.
'It's a keep-fit thing and it's not hard on the joints, you're not running and bashing yourself to bits. You can expend as much or as little energy as you like. You can pace yourself. You are in control and it's good for your heart and your lungs. And, actually, it's fun,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
Rays of Sunshine was formed in 2003 to brighten the lives of children living with serious or life-limiting illnesses, aged from three to 18.
To sponsor Mr Wolfe go to uk.virginmoneygiving.com/ivanwolfe
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 3 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 4 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 5 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 6 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 7 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 8 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 9 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 10 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears