King’s Lynn firms take part in pancake challenge
- Credit: Ian Burt
Seven business teams from around King's Lynn battled it out to be crowned the best flippers in town.
The annual event was the first Vancouver Quarter Business Challenge of 2017 and drew a large crowd in St Dominic's square after the flipping action began at 2pm.
The teams from creative design agency Studio 20a and Hayes and Storr Solicitors finished neck and neck in the grand final and, without the use of state-of-the-art technology, opted to share the crown.
Last year's winners, Ward Gethin Archer solicitors, finished third while west Norfolk radio station KLFM and Primark, the 2015 and 2016 overall joint champions, finished fourth and fifth respectively. Wilkinson and Boots completed the list of participants.
'A huge thank you to everyone who took part in our Pancake Racing challenge,' said Vancouver Quarter marketing and events assistant David Blackmore. 'It was a brilliant event.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 5 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards
- 8 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 9 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 10 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer