King’s Lynn family mourning much-loved son Jason Smith who died after crash in Philippines
- Credit: Archant
A King's Lynn family is coming to terms with the loss of a much-loved son.
Jason Smith was left in a critical condition after a road accident in the Philippines.
Mr Smith, 51, who had lived on the islands for five years, was riding home on his motorcycle after celebrating his fifth wedding anniversary with with his wife Maffi, on January 11, when they were involved in a head-on collision with another bike.
Mr Smith, whose parents live in King's Lynn, was left in a critical condition on a ventilator in hospital. Mr Smith's
Family and friends launched a crowdfunding campaign to pay his medical bills.
You may also want to watch:
Friend John Coronado and Mr Smith's brother Shane flew out to help him. Mr Coronado said they ended up having to go to buy medicines for the hospital to administer.
Mr Smith, who lived at Canvey Island, in Essex before he moved to the Philippines, died on February 7.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 4 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 5 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 6 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 7 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 8 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 9 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 10 Owners of popular street food van open café bistro in Norwich