A dazzling display as crowds flock to Christmas lights switch-on
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Families flocked to a dazzling Christmas lights switch-on in King's Lynn this evening.
The popular annual event saw children parade from Stories of Lynn to the Tuesday Market Place with their handcrafted glowing and flashing recycled Christmas lanterns.
They arrived in the market square, where they were joined by children from St Martha's Catholic Primary School signing carols.
A local soloist gave a special performance before The Chebbs began their set on the count-down stage. Britain's Got Talent Champions Twist and Pulse, whose real names are Ashley Glazebrook and Glen Murphy, also took a break from panto rehearsals at the Corn Exchange to entertain the crowd.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 7 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village