King’s Lynn businesses race it out in pedal karts
- Credit: Ian Burt
Eight businesses from around King's Lynn pedalled their way around a race track in a bid to be crowned the fastest in town.
The Pedal Go-Kart competition was the third business challenge organised by the Vancouver Quarter in 2017 and saw racers pit their skills over a course on the Tuesday Market Place from 2pm.
The winning team came from Boots, narrowly pipping design agency Studio 20a on the finish line in the grand final. Ring Associates came third.
'It was great to have so many teams take part in this challenge – my thanks to all who participated because it really was a fun event,' said Vancouver Quarter marketing and events assistant David Blackmore.
The business challenges started four years ago as a way for companies across the town to get out and meet other firms. The final event of 2017, a mystery challenge, will take place later this month.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 3 World War Two aircraft to fly over Norfolk's skies
- 4 'He could've gone all the way' - Mum's tribute to aspiring boxer, 19
- 5 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 6 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 7 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 8 Norfolk worst area in UK for uninsured and untaxed drivers
- 9 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
- 10 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school