King’s Lynn book company off to a flying start
A new book production company near King's Lynn is off to a flying start, winning the contract to produce a new biography of the Queen Mother.
After 38 years in the book binding business, Nigel Mitchell decided to strike out on his own, forming Shore Books and Design with designer Aaron Skipper last summer.
One of the first calls the South Wootton-based company received was from London publishers Dynasty Press to design a biography.
It only later emerged the book was actually about the Queen Mother and being written by socialite Lady Colin Campbell.
'It was quite a shock that it was about the Queen Mother and by an author with obvious connections to the royal family,' Mr Mitchell said.
'There was a lot of pressure to get it right because the book is also being published in the states. The company was very pleased and we have had a second order from them.'
Shore Books and Design has so far designed and produced about 25 books for established and first-time authors.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 8 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 9 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 10 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
Mr Mitchell previously worked for Biddles Book Manufacturers in Guildford and Lynn and the MPG Books Group in Lynn.
The Untold Life of Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother, published by Dynasty Press, costs �20.
Find out more at www.shore-books.co.uk.