King’s Lynn-based Harrison Holidays owner ceases trading
The East Anglian coach holiday firm which took over troubled King's Lynn-based Harrison Holidays earlier this year has ceased trading.
OzBus, based in Diddington in Cambridgeshire, began running trips from London to Sydney in 2007.
In a letter on the Harrison Holidays and OzBus websites, director Daryl Jones said the companies were unable to pay their debts.
He went on to say that the company had insufficient assets to meet the costs of winding up the companies, either voluntarily or compulsorily.
All future tours that people have booked with the two companies have now been cancelled.
In January OzBus bought Norfolk holiday firm Harrison Holidays after that company went into administration in November.
It is believed the two workers at Harrison's King's Lynn office have been made redundant.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 3 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 4 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 5 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 6 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 7 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 8 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 9 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 10 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack
Harrison Holidays closed suddenly in November, leaving 20 people to lose their jobs and holiday-makers unsure if their trips would be going ahead. The company had been operating in Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire for more than 50 years.
Norwich insolvency specialists Parker Andrews sold the company to OzBus Tours, with creditors owed more than �200,000.
OzBus Tours Ltd was owned by Daryl Jones, based near Brisbane, who has operated coach holidays in Australia for more than 40 years.
OzBus Tours Ltd was formed in September 2011 to purchase another failed holiday operator, Oz-Bus UK Limited, which was placed into liquidation in August 2011.
OzBus operated overland tours from London to Sydney and from London to New York.