King’s Lynn band are aiming to Rockit on top of England’s highest peak
- Credit: Archant
Lynn band set to play a gig on the top of the highest mountain in England next month.
The band, named Jimmy Rockit, will play an acoustic set on Scafell Pike in the Lake District, followed by a second show with the band playing a full set up at England's highest pub, The Tan Hill Inn in North Yorkshire.
Jimmy Rockit are brothers Zach Stanford, 22, Harrison Stanford, 19, Frazer Stanford, 15, and cousin Bradley Carr, 20. They are playing the special high-top gigs to raise money for drummer Frazer to go to Tanzania in the summer of 2015.
Frazer said: 'We were looking to do something really unique to raise money for my trip to Africa. We are all keen hill walkers and have been playing in bands together for nine years, so it was a natural thing to put the two together and do something that we don't think anyone has ever done before!'
The boys from Lynn will plan to camp at Seathwaite Farm in Borrowdale on Friday, June 27 and make an early start on tackling the mountain on Saturday June 28. With help and support from family and friends, they will taking the Grains Gill route to the top. The band will carry their instruments to the summit and rely on their support team to shoulder spare clothing, water and food.
You may also want to watch:
Frazer said: 'We would like to thank the National Trust for allowing us to do this event and our sponsors for money raised so far. If you want to get on board, contact us via the website or you can watch the Scafell Pike gig online and donate.'
The band is planned to play at noon at Scafell Pike and 10pm at the Tan Hill Inn, which will show a live stream via the band's website: www.highestgiginengland.co.uk.
- 1 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 2 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 3 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 4 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 7 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR
Are you planning a unique gig? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.