Is it the best place in the UK? King’s Lynn up against Liverpool in online contest final
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A Norfolk town has made the final of an online competition to find the UK’s top town or city.
King’s Lynn is up against Liverpool in a social media poll looking to crown the UK’s top place.
The World Cup of UK Towns & Cities began on Twitter five months ago to boost spirits in lockdown.
Around 500 of the country’s largest places have been narrowed down to the final two - King’s Lynn and Liverpool. Voting for the final poll opened just after 9am today and will be open for 72 hours.
James Bagge, Love West Norfolk ambassador, said: “King’s Lynn thoroughly deserves to be in the final with Liverpool.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s absolutely wonderful that a large number of people are in support of King’s Lynn.
“It has huge heritage, two wonderful chapels, old parts near the dock and a wonderful Tuesday Market Place and Georgian houses.”
- 1 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 2 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 3 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 4 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
- 5 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 6 Open all hours? Retailers say no thanks to 24/7 shopping
- 7 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary
- 8 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 9 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 10 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
He added the town should also be recognised for its commercial and sporting achievements.