King’s Lynn Action for Children support group meets for the last time
Action for Children's King's Lynn support group sadly switched off the kettle and sliced their last piece of cake, as they bid farewell to their coffee mornings and disbanded after over 25 years of get togethers.
The group, which has met regularly since the mid-1980's, has raised money for local Action for Children projects, such as King's Lynn's, Action Training, and the West Norfolk Young Carers group, by holding various clothes sales, carol singing and various other fundraisers.
But members have decided to call it a day due to increasing age of its members and the lack of influx of younger people to take over the reins.
At the final coffee morning Laura Hanratta, Action for Children fundraiser for Norfolk and Cambridgeshire, said: 'It's a really sad day to see the group disband but everyone at Action for Children is so grateful for the all the amazing work and fundraising they have done to support vulnerable and neglected children in Norfolk.
'Their hard work and dedication has been incredible and their unselfish and passionate work for Action for Children will be remembered for a long time to come.
You may also want to watch:
'We wish all its members the best of luck for the future and thank them again for their tireless work and dedication.'
Kathleen Moorhouse, chair of the support group, said: 'It's a great shame that we're closing the group but we're so proud of the fundraising and support we have provided to the children of Norfolk for over 25 years.
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 4 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 5 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 6 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 7 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 8 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 9 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 10 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
'I would like to thank all of the support group members we've had over the years and thank Action for Children for their constant support in helping to make the King's Lynn support group such a success.'