Families chuffed as heritage railway offers free fares for children
- Credit: Mid Norfolk Railway
Families will be chuffed to learn that children under 15 can travel for free on the Mid Norfolk Railway this summer - even for special events.
This summer, a family ticket will allow up to four children aged five to 15 to travel free, while each adult fare can include two accompanying youngsters.
MNR commercial manager James Oakley said: “We are delighted to make this special offer as we recover from the difficult times that we have all experienced due to Covid-19.
“We hope this little encouragement will see many come to visit our fantastic railway and enjoy a journey through the heart of Norfolk aboard our heritage trains.”
The offer includes the Heritage Bus day on August 1, the Railway at War weekend on August 7-8, the Summer Steam Weekend on August 28-29, and ends on the railway’s Diesel Weekend on September 25-26.
You may also want to watch:
Unaccompanied older children, however, will still need to pay.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 5 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 8 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash