Kick off your New Year with a spin on the Norwich Ice Rink
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Whether it's a ramble through the countryside, a bracing dip in the sea or a lazy day in front of a film, New Year's Day is a time to switch off and prepare for what lies ahead.
And even though the frivolity of Christmas is now behind us, there's still time to stay in the festive spirit.
Our Norwich Ice Rink will remain open until Sunday, January 8 – and could be a memorable way to kick off your 2017. So far this year plenty of skaters – both beginner and advanced – have taken to the rink, which is this year sponsored by Jack and the Beanstalk at the Norwich Theatre Royal, with dozens of slots sold out.
And there's just over a week left to lace up your boots and take a wobble onto the ice.
Maryrisa Chappell, organiser of the ice rink, said: 'We've had great success with the rink so far this year, with plenty of skaters taking to the ice over the Christmas period.
You may also want to watch:
'Even though the festivities are now over, the ice rink is still open until January 8 and we'd love to see even more people kicking off their New Year with a spin on the ice.'
Youngsters can take a go on Snowy Joey, our 50ft tall snowman bouncy castle.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Norwich City Council LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 5 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 8 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich
Last year, more than 12,500 skaters enjoyed a skate session at the ice rink.
To buy your tickets, visit www.icerinknorwich.co.uk
Do you have a Norwich story we should be writing about? Email email@example.com