KFC applies for permission to open new restaurant and takeaway in Sprowston
- Credit: Archant
Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) has applied for permission to open a new restaurant and drive-through takeaway in Sprowston.
The company is hoping to occupy an existing vacant unit at Sprowston Retail Park, off Salhouse Road, on the outskirts of Norwich.
It will be split between two storeys, with the ground floor used as a kitchen and counter area, and the first floor used for the majority of seating.
Planning papers submitted to Broadland District Council state the existing space is currently part of the Oak Furniture Land retail unit.
The application also seeks permission to 'reconfigure' the car park for a new drive-through service.
You may also want to watch:
'The proposed restaurant will provide a welcome food alternative for the local community,' planning papers state.
'Being situated within the local commercial and retail area, the restaurant will also provide employment opportunities and will redevelop a site that is at present vacant.'
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals