Kessingland tug-of-war festival pulls a blinder
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Teams from across the country descended on the Suffolk coast for Kessingland's tug-of-war festival.
On Saturday, October 7 and Sunday 8, competitors convened at Park Resorts Holiday Park for the annual event, which is run by area five of the Tug of War Association.
In a series of battles which tested determination, stamina and sheer strength, it was the team from Raunds in Northamptonshire who dominated proceedings, winning in all but one of the weight categories.
The team from Hadleigh, near Southend, won the remaining mixed-weight pull on Saturday.
Organiser David Ling said: 'The weekend went brilliantly and we got some great feedback from the competitors.
You may also want to watch:
'Tug-of-war is hard sport and requires time and dedication, but we want to get more people involved for our big 40th festival next year.'
For more information about tug-of-war in the area, contact David Ling on 01493 300223.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler