Oulton Broad mum uses three stone weight loss to inspire others
- Credit: Archant
After losing almost three stone and boosting her confidence, Lisa Atkinson has decided to inspire others to achieve their own weight loss goals.
Back in April 2016, Mrs Atkinson, from Oulton Broad, joined her local Slimming World group after moving to the area with her family from Essex.
She said: 'The children had settled into country life and were loving their new schools, my husband had found himself a job and all was good, yet I was still so unhappy. I remember one day as I stood in front of the mirror, that's when it hit me, I was the reason I was still unhappy. I really didn't like the way I looked, my size 14 clothes were tight and I couldn't do the 10 minute walk to my son's school without feeling breathless.'
After just one week following her new meal plans, Mrs Atkinson had lost three and a half pounds, and said she 'could have cried'.
Then on Christmas Eve last year, she got the best present she could have wished for as she reached her two stone goal.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'Just over a year later and my life has changed dramatically. I'm now 2st 12lb lighter and for the first time in a long time I'm happy, I'm happy with myself and I'm loving life.
'I'm now a size 10 and actually enjoy going shopping for clothes. Myself and my son go dog walking every evening, and it's my son who now asks if we can go home because he's tired.
- 1 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 6 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 7 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 8 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 9 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named
'My outlook on life has completely changed, food optimising is a way of life in my house now, the fruit bowl is always full and my children make good choices when it comes to food too.'
Twelve weeks ago Mrs Atkinson launched a new Slimmimg World group in Kessingland to share her success with others.
And so far, members have lost an amazing 727 pounds between them, almost 52 stone, with 17 members already collecting their one stone awards.
The group has been so busy that Mrs Atkinson has now launched a second session in the village, with her groups meeting at 5.30pm and 7.30pm on Tuesdays.
To find out more about your local group, visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk