The Mayor is a daddy! City cult hero and partner welcome first child in Halloween treat
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
It was definitely treat and not trick on Halloween for Norwich City star Kenny McLean and his partner Brogan.
The popular midfielder, who gained cult status after declaring himself mayor of Norwich during promotion celebrations in May, welcomed his first child on October 31.
The Mayor and his wife welcomed a daughter into the world on Halloween morning, naming her Marcy.
Posting on Twitter, the Scottish international wrote: "This morning my daughter was born and she couldn't be more perfect. Marcy McLean 31/10/19."
The post was accompanied with a picture of the bundle of joy dressed in a spooky pumpkin costume, reading "so cute it's scary".
You may also want to watch:
The pair were congratulated on their new arrival by the football club's official Twitter page and former teammate Matt Jarvis.
Also posting on Instagram, the pair also received well wishes from fellow City stars Alex Tettey, Ben Godfrey, Tim Krul and Adam Idah.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 3 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 6 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 7 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 8 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 9 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 10 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash