Kenninghall boy has close shave to support cancer charity
Twelve-year-old James Sibley marked the 12/12/12 by having his hair shaved off to raise money for a cancer charity.
The schoolboy from Kenninghall, near Diss, had the close shave on Wednesday after deciding to support Cancer Research UK.
Family and friends gathered at the Hairflair hairdressing salon in the village to witness the Thetford Grammar School pupil losing his long locks.
He has so far raised �450 for the cancer charity and has more to collect. He added that he was a bit shocked when all his hair was shaved off in five minutes.
He said: 'I wanted to help people in a different way and do something that would be more worthy of sponsorship. Some people that have cancer do not have any hair and I wanted to do something to support them.'
You may also want to watch:
James raised �500 for Water Aid last year by running two miles a day, every day, for 50 days.
To sponsor him, visit www.justgiving.com/jamessibley2802
- 1 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 4 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 5 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 6 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 7 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 8 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 9 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 10 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues