Kenneth Ovary, 81, from Gorleston jailed for sex offences
- Credit: Norfolk Constabulary
An 81-year-old man has been sent to prison for four years after pleading guilty to the repeated sexual abuse of a child.
Kenneth Ovary, of Elm Avenue, Gorleston, was sentenced to four years for each of the five offences, to be served concurrently.
The crimes took place over a number of years up to 2013.
Barrister Michael Clare, representing Ovary, said: 'He has to take full responsibility - and he does - for the damage he has done.'
Recorder Guy Ayers said Ovary's actions were abusive and selfish.
Recorder Ayers said he had to take Ovary's age into account and said that he was of previous good character, but that prison time was inevitable.
Ovary will be on the sex offenders' register for the rest of his life.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 3 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 4 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 5 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 6 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 7 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 8 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 9 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 10 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
He has also been handed a sexual harm prevention order barring him from contacting or being in the company of females who are, or who he believed to be, under the age of 16.