TV legend Keith Chegwin dies aged 60
- Credit: PA
Actor and television presenter Keith Chegwin has died aged just 60.
In an announcement from his family, the actor has reportedly passed away after a 'long-term battle with a progressive lung condition.'
He died while at home on Monday December 11.
A statement from his family said: 'We are heartbroken to share the news that Keith Chegwin sadly passed away following a long-term battle with a progressive lung condition, idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, which rapidly worsened towards the end of this year.
'Keith was a loving husband, father, son, brother, uncle and friend. We would respectfully ask to be left to mourn his passing in private' they added.
You may also want to watch:
Chegwin - or Cheggers as he was more commonly known - is best known for his role on Multi-Coloured Swap Shop and Cheggers Plays Pop. He also appeared on Celebrity Big Brother in 2015 too and finished fourth place.
He visited King's Lynn on February 10 1979 as part of his show Swap Shop and was greeted by over a thousand happy fans.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 6 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 7 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 8 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
Keith Chegwin leaves behind his wife, Maria, and his two children Rose and Ted.