TV legend Keith Chegwin dies aged 60
- Credit: PA
Actor and television presenter Keith Chegwin has died aged just 60.
In an announcement from his family, the actor has reportedly passed away after a 'long-term battle with a progressive lung condition.'
He died while at home on Monday December 11.
A statement from his family said: 'We are heartbroken to share the news that Keith Chegwin sadly passed away following a long-term battle with a progressive lung condition, idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, which rapidly worsened towards the end of this year.
'Keith was a loving husband, father, son, brother, uncle and friend. We would respectfully ask to be left to mourn his passing in private' they added.
Chegwin - or Cheggers as he was more commonly known - is best known for his role on Multi-Coloured Swap Shop and Cheggers Plays Pop. He also appeared on Celebrity Big Brother in 2015 too and finished fourth place.
He visited King's Lynn on February 10 1979 as part of his show Swap Shop and was greeted by over a thousand happy fans.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 4 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 7 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 10 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
Keith Chegwin leaves behind his wife, Maria, and his two children Rose and Ted.