keeper’s blog: “They are sleeping and recharging their batteries”
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
The tiger cubs seem to have two activity settings at the moment.
They are either involved in high energy play and mischief or they are sleeping and recharging their batteries. As their confidence grows they are tending not to worry about sleeping in the wooded area where it is secluded and are stretching out on the grass like their parents. This has allowed us and the visitors to get some very good views of them during these quiet times.
Yesterday one cub could be seen fast asleep near one of the viewing windows and every so often she would start to wave her feet franticly in the air while obviously dreaming of something very exciting. She was, after a time, rudely awoken by her sister who had carefully crept up on her before pouncing. If the first cub was annoyed by this she soon forgot and was chasing after her sister as fast as she could.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 8 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 9 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 10 Police reopen road following earlier crash