Kayaking wins novice photographer top prize in north Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
A action photograph of kayaking won Karen Spence the novice prize in north Norfolk.
Each year the North Norfolk Photographic Society gives less experienced members a chance to win in a class of their own, called novices, while the more experienced members take part in the advanced section.
The advanced section was won by Lizzie Wallis with Plump Water Vole.
Diana Knight was second with Unlucky, which showed an antelope disappearing down the throat of a crocodile, while Liz Akers won third place with the Typesetter, a mono portrait of a man in period dress with an old printing press behind him.
The competition was judged by Daphne Hanson, President of the East Anglian Federation of photographic societies. Meetings of the North Norfolk Photographic Society are normally held on the first and third Wednesdays each month at the Holt community centre.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 7 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 10 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts