Kathleen, 104, swears by her daily whisky
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Kathleen Atthill has just celebrated her 104th birthday and says the secret to her long life is Bells Whisky
There's a pretty simple secret to long living for Kathleen Atthill - a glass of her favourite Bell's whisky!
She celebrated her 104th birthday on Monday, 3, July and has been drinking the whisky on a daily basis for more than 80 years.
Miss Atthill lives at St Clement's nursing home in Norwich. Maria Matthew who works at the nursing home said: 'Kathleen came here nine years ago and has now been here longer than any of our other residents.
'She is a very happy person and loves her whisky and is very particular about the brand.
You may also want to watch:
'When the shop had sold out of Bell's one time and I got her another make, she took one sip and told me, 'this is not my brand.''
To mark her milestone, she received a congratulatory letter and certificate from Bell's Whisky and a large bouquet of flowers.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 5 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 9 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 10 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk