Just five Norfolk schools closed today despite wintry weather
Many of the thousands of pupils who enjoyed a day off yesterday as a result of the weekend snowfall will be heading back to school today.
The wintry weather and low temperatures which led to more than 30 Norfolk schools, mostly in the west of the county, being closed yesterday has claimed just five victims today.
Those schools shut today are:
•Litcham Primary School - Heating failure.
•Norwich Road School, Thetford - School grounds still unsafe. Staff will be clearing the site to try and re-open for tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
•Sidestrand Hall School - Major electrical fault requiring electricity board replacement.
•St. Clement's High School, Terrington St Clement, - School will be closed to students today due to continuing problems with kitchen facilities. School will be open to all staff but there is no catering available.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 6 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 7 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 8 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 9 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 10 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
•The Rosebery Short Stay School For Norfolk, King's Lynn - Snow and ice on site and heating problem. Closed to students today. Staff to attend.
Elsewhere there have been no major problems on the roads or rail network caused by the continuing cold weather.
Temperatures are expected to stay low today with the snow and icy conditions expected to remain until the end of the week.