Just Crafts draws top artists, designers and produce to Sandringham for Mother’s Day weekend
- Credit: IAN BURT
Craftspeople, artists and designers are set to converge on Sandringham from around the UK this weekend to show off their skills.
The Royal estate near King's Lynn is hosting a major makers' show called Just Crafts for the second time from Friday, March 24 - Sunday, March 26 (10am - 6pm).
Norfolk-based sculptor Julia Hulme will be exhibiting her animal sculptures and will also be demonstrating at the show, giving you the chance to see her talents at close hand.
Glyn Matthews will be there, both a poet and a graphic artist he will be demonstrating his artistic skills throughout the three days. He will also have his poetry book on sale during the fair.
There will be a rural section where some of the old world rural crafts will be demonstrated, including glass blowing, blacksmiths, corn dollies and coppice crafts.
You may also want to watch:
Other items at the show include ceramic house signs, coin jewellery, brushes, baths and hand-made soaps.
The popular food hall is back with exhibitors from all over the country selling their delicious produce, always a popular part of the show
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 5 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 6 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 7 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 8 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 9 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
Last but not least is the chainsaw carving arena where a seven-strong top quality English carving team will be working reclaimed timber with their saws throughout the event.
There will also be twice daily chainsaw auctions giving visitors the chance to purchase quality just-made carvings at auction prices, after the artists have been given just 30 minutes to create them.
Children are not forgotten either at the event, where they will have the chance to have a go at making their own pot, painting a piece of pottery or making sand sculptures.
Tickets for the show are priced £7.00 adults, £6.50 over-55s, £2 children.
Other shows not to miss at Sandringham this year include the Sandringham Food and Drink Festival on August 5 and 6, the
Sandringham Game and Country Fair on September 9 and 10 and the Christmas Craft Food and Gift Fair from November 17 - 19.
On Wednesday, July 26, the Royal estate will be hosting the much-loved Sandringham Flower Show.
For more information, click here.