Jubilee regatta takes to the waves in Lowestoft
A small army of river cruisers and yachts took over Lake Lothing in Lowestoft for a two day regatta in tribute to the Queen.
Today and on Sunday the Royal Norfolk and Suffolk Yacht Club held a Diamond Jubilee regatta, which saw the craft skilfully make their way around Lake Lothing by Lowestoft's Asda store.
There were two races on both days with dozens of spectators looking on.
As part of the club's proud traditions there was also a commodores and flag officers reception and supper at the club on Royal Plain.
Also docked at Lake Lothing and adorned with bunting was the UK Border Agency cutter the Seeker.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 4 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 5 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 6 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 7 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 8 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 9 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 10 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich