Ju-Jitsu day to fund raise for former model Kerri Parker
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A ju-jitsu event is being held to raise money for a former Norwich model who has brain cancer.
On June 1 a charity kickabout collaboration by the Norwich World Ju-Jitsu Federation will help fund Kerri Parker's treatment costs.
Event organisers are looking for sponsorships or donations in order to assist fundraising efforts.
Junior and senior sessions will be run on the day, with demonstrations by guest instructors, at the Norman Centre, Mile Cross.
Boba Fett and other film stars will be in attendance, along with face painting, tombola, and refreshments.
You may also want to watch:
Kerri, 34, was diagnosed with the disease in 2013.
Two years later she was given the all-clear.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 6 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 7 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 10 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
However, doctors have told her the tumour cannot be treated surgically. She is now considering therapy in the USA, where tumours can be targeted with radiation that does not harm the healthy parts of the brain.
For more information contact Lori Palmer on 07946 483463 or Lori440@hotmail.com.