Ju jitsu club plan to kick cancer with fundraising event
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich ju jitsu club is raising money for one of their students with inoperable brain cancer.
The event which has been organised on behalf of World Ju Jitsu Federation (WJJF) will offer a family friendly day of fundraising.
Entertainment includes stilt walkers, face painting, raffles and martial arts and self defence sessions.
WWE wrestler Paige Knight from the film 'Fighting with my family ' will be making a guest appearance along with the Mayor of Norwich.
Brett Lemon, 40, the event organiser said: "Our goal would be to raise £3000 and we would like people to enjoy themselves.
You may also want to watch:
"Martial arts is not all about beating people up, it is about family, it can be fun and a great laugh."
Raffle prizes at the event include food, days out at museums and a £100 tattoo voucher.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 4 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 5 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 6 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 7 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
The event will be taking place between 9am-5pm on Saturday June 1 at The Norman Centre.