Restaurant to offer free Christmas dinners - but it needs your help first
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich restaurant hopes to give 24 people a free three-course Christmas meal this year - but it needs your help first.
Portuguese eatery Jorge's, on Orford Yard, is looking for suggestions for a charity or organisation in Norwich which supports people affected by loneliness that can benefit from the event.
The restaurant also plans to provide its diners with gifts and cards, which they hope will be donated by the community, from local businesses to schools.
Restaurant owners Eleanor and Jorge Santos moved back to Norwich - Mrs Santos' home town - from Portugal three years ago.
While living in Portugal, they set up a #givingbacktothelocalcommunity programme, which they now hope to bring to Norwich. The pair opened Jorge's almost one year ago.
You may also want to watch:
The event would be held from 1pm on Monday, December 16. If you can help with suggestions, or donations, please contact 07806441856 and email@example.com
- 1 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 2 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 3 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 4 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 5 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 6 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 7 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 8 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 9 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 10 Walk-in vaccine clinic as surplus stock becomes available