Jools Holland to perform at summer concert at Taverham Hall
- Credit: Mary McCartney
Rhythm and blues maestro Jools Holland will be heading to Norfolk next summer with his 20-piece orchestra.
The legendary musician – who is well known for his exuberant performances including his annual Hootenanny broadcast on New Year's Eve and his television series Later...With Jools Holland – is to open a weekend of outdoor concerts at Taverham Hall when he takes to the stage with his Rhythm and Blues Orchestra on Friday, July 28.
Drummer Gilson Lavis, who has been performing with Mr Holland for more than 25 years, will be among those joining him on stage and guest vocalists will include Ruby Turner, Beth Rowley and Louise Marshall.
Up to 4,000 people will be able to enjoy the show which will be hosted by BBC Radio Norfolk's Chrissie Jackson.
The following night will see the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra perform a concert featuring music from the James Bond films.
You may also want to watch:
Ollie George, director of Norwich-based Outside Live which is bringing the two events to Taverham, said: 'With Jools Holland being a top class musician and performer it's going to be a fantastic night.
'We are also in the process of speaking to some local musicians to perform on the night as support acts.'
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 7 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 8 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 9 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 10 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
Next year will be the second year that Outside Live has presented concerts at Taverham Hall.
Summer 2016 saw audiences enjoy West End spectacle Beyond the Barricade and also the Norwich Philharmonic Concert Orchestra perform the John Williams' Soundtrack Spectacular.
Jools Holland and his Rhythm and Blues Orchestra will be performing on Friday, July 28, and Bond with the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra is on Saturday, July 29.
For more information on both events, including ticket prices and how to book, visit www.outsidelive.co.uk or call 01603 310999.
Do you have a Norwich arts story? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at email@example.com