Jools Holland to perform at summer concert at Taverham Hall
- Credit: Mary McCartney
Rhythm and blues maestro Jools Holland will be heading to Norfolk next summer with his 20-piece orchestra.
The legendary musician – who is well known for his exuberant performances including his annual Hootenanny broadcast on New Year's Eve and his television series Later...With Jools Holland – is to open a weekend of outdoor concerts at Taverham Hall when he takes to the stage with his Rhythm and Blues Orchestra on Friday, July 28.
Drummer Gilson Lavis, who has been performing with Mr Holland for more than 25 years, will be among those joining him on stage and guest vocalists will include Ruby Turner, Beth Rowley and Louise Marshall.
Up to 4,000 people will be able to enjoy the show which will be hosted by BBC Radio Norfolk's Chrissie Jackson.
The following night will see the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra perform a concert featuring music from the James Bond films.
You may also want to watch:
Ollie George, director of Norwich-based Outside Live which is bringing the two events to Taverham, said: 'With Jools Holland being a top class musician and performer it's going to be a fantastic night.
'We are also in the process of speaking to some local musicians to perform on the night as support acts.'
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Man seriously injured after crash
- 3 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 4 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 5 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 6 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 7 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 8 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 9 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 10 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
Next year will be the second year that Outside Live has presented concerts at Taverham Hall.
Summer 2016 saw audiences enjoy West End spectacle Beyond the Barricade and also the Norwich Philharmonic Concert Orchestra perform the John Williams' Soundtrack Spectacular.
Jools Holland and his Rhythm and Blues Orchestra will be performing on Friday, July 28, and Bond with the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra is on Saturday, July 29.
For more information on both events, including ticket prices and how to book, visit www.outsidelive.co.uk or call 01603 310999.
Do you have a Norwich arts story? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at email@example.com