‘Off to play the streets in heaven’ - People pay tribute to Norwich busker
- Credit: Archant
Jonny Walker, a well-known busker and campaigner in Norwich, sadly passed away earlier this week in Leeds.
His singing and work touched many people who knew him, with lots of people sharing their heartfelt tributes on our Facebook post.
MORE: Well-loved busker who played in Norwich dies in hospitalGeoff Massingham: 'Off to play the streets in heaven and carry his legacy with him!'
Emma Brighton: 'Seen this lovely guy in Norwich. Sad to hear, such a young life...keep making beautiful music up there.'
David Harris: 'R.I.P. Jonny, you had an amazing voice and I am sure that I can speak on behalf of all who have had the pleasure of listening to you in Norwich, that you will be sadly missed.'
Monica Thurston: 'R.I.P. Jonny. The busker with a terrific voice that could make you cry...so sad.'
You may also want to watch:
Lynn Bean: 'Very talented man with a lovely voice. So sad to hear this, my thoughts are with his family. R.I.P.'
Nigel Banham: 'How about a busker's day in his memory?'
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 4 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 5 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 8 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 9 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 10 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
Gloria Kerslake: 'R.I.P. Jonny, gone way too soon.'
Sylvia Wesley: 'R.I.P buddy. A gorgeous voice, gone but never forgotten.'
Toni James: 'So saddened by this, Jonny was a good man with a good heart and a great musician. His passion for keeping the streets alive shone through every time he played. Norwich will miss you. Sleep peacefully.'
GJCJ: 'Sad beyond belief for this tragic loss. A nicer guy you'd have to go a long way to meet. Passionate, talented, articulate humanitarian, devoted dad and all round good person. The world is a darker place tonight. I first met Jonny 10 years ago and followed him over the years, enjoying his live and streamed performances. We were honoured to have Jonny play at our wedding last July. Thanks for the joy. Thanks for the memories. R.I.P Dear Sweet Music Man.'
Kimberley-Jayne Seeger: 'Jonny was more than just a busker. He founded the 'keep the streets live campaign', campaigned for rights for the homeless and to get rid of busking laws and licenses to allow freedom for everyone on the streets. He was also a patron for many homeless charities. Incredible talent and incredible man, definitely irreplaceable. Thoughts are with his beautiful family. Jonny graced thousands of people with his presence and talent, and has left a real legacy.'
Did Jonny influence your life in some way? Leave your tribute to him in the comments below.