Jones’s van to star in new series celebrating Dad’s Army
- Credit: Steve Adams
The butcher’s van from Dad’s Army will star alongside Alexander Armstrong in a new series celebrating one of the nation’s favourite comedy series.
Corporal Jones’s van, an exhibit at the Dad’s Army Museum in Thetford, will feature in the four-part series called Saluting Dad’s Army.
Presented by actor Alexander Armstrong, the series will cover the history of the BBC series - celebrating its 50th year - using archive footage and newly captured interviews.
Stuart Wright, chairman of the Dad’s Army Museum, said: “Alexander Armstrong came down and filmed with the van in July. They were keen to have the van featured. They invited a number of people to the Guildhall that were related to the programme.
“It was good to have Alexander here and he was quite impressed with the [Captain Mainwaring] statue.”
You may also want to watch:
It will air on Gold later this year.
- 1 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 2 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 3 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 4 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 5 Local pub splashes back into action
- 6 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 7 Man died after knife fight with housemate
- 8 Norwich pub allowed to reopen after licensing u-turn
- 9 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 10 Roadworks cause traffic chaos in north Norfolk town