Pilot died in road crash in North Norfolk, inquest hears
- Credit: Archant
An inquest has opened into the death of an airline pilot who died following a crash in north Norfolk.
Jonathan Stewart, 32, died after the motorcycle he was riding was involved in a collision with a car on the B1149, Holt Road at Edgefield on February 22.
Mr Stewart, from Sheringham, was pronounced at the scene.
At an inquest opened into his death, held at Norfolk Coroner's Court on Monday March 2, Yvonne Blake, area coroner for Norfolk gave Mr Stewart's cause of death as multiple trauma, due to a road traffic collision.
Emergency services were called to the B1149, at around 1.50pm on February 22, following reports of a collision between a dark blue Nissan x-Trail and a beige Honda motorcycle.
You may also want to watch:
Following the incident the road was closed for more than five hours while police attended the scene.
The inquest has been adjourned for a pre-inquest review at Norfolk Coroner's Court in Carrow House on June 2, 2020.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 5 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 6 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 7 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 8 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 9 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 10 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray