Pilot died in road crash in North Norfolk, inquest hears
- Credit: Archant
An inquest has opened into the death of an airline pilot who died following a crash in north Norfolk.
Jonathan Stewart, 32, died after the motorcycle he was riding was involved in a collision with a car on the B1149, Holt Road at Edgefield on February 22.
Mr Stewart, from Sheringham, was pronounced at the scene.
At an inquest opened into his death, held at Norfolk Coroner's Court on Monday March 2, Yvonne Blake, area coroner for Norfolk gave Mr Stewart's cause of death as multiple trauma, due to a road traffic collision.
Emergency services were called to the B1149, at around 1.50pm on February 22, following reports of a collision between a dark blue Nissan x-Trail and a beige Honda motorcycle.
You may also want to watch:
Following the incident the road was closed for more than five hours while police attended the scene.
The inquest has been adjourned for a pre-inquest review at Norfolk Coroner's Court in Carrow House on June 2, 2020.
- 1 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 4 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 5 Heavy rain prompts flood warnings as first snow forecast to fall
- 6 Parts of Norfolk see heavy snow falls with more to come
- 7 Workmen unearth six skeletons during city street overhaul
- 8 'Don't bend rules' warning to Christmas revellers
- 9 Cattle farmer who was 'known across the country' dies aged 79
- 10 Man denies running Japanese restaurant from Norwich home for the third time