Join us in supporting young voices in the community
- Credit: Archant
Every year, the YAB consults young people on the challenges they face in Norfolk.
This year's consultation has led to a surprising mix of results. Across Norfolk, bullying has been a high factor, as has a lack of activities and things to do.
The Norwich YAB is a group of young people who speak out and support other young people to have an equal say in the community. We run a yearly consultation in which we ask the young people of Norfolk which problems they think impact them the most.
Based on the results of this, we form an action plan for the year, looking at which issues we can campaign on or allocate funding to.
Ever since I started two years ago, I was extremely shy and had low confidence, but I joined in hopes of building my courage helping young people have a voice in Norwich. I didn't know what to expect, only the knowledge that I'm able to make a difference.
You may also want to watch:
Two years later and I've grown into a more confident, understanding individual. I've got more involved with projects and even gone on to go onto my college course. This has led to me taking opportunities I would never had thought I'd take in my life and built friendships with people I'd never know of.
I've become more passionate about politics, which before I joined YAB I never thought I would. Though, so much so, I'm hoping to become YAB chair to continue helping young people have a voice.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
I hope young people take this chance to see what there is in the YAB and come join us!