Join our new Facebook group Norwich Remembers and become one of our local historians
- Credit: EDP Library
Join Norwich Remembers on Facebook today and be part of a community learning about our city's colourful history and charming past.
Norwich Remembers is a group aiming to get the whole of the city reminicising and enjoying snapshots of the past.
We want to see photographs of your ancestors getting married at Norwich Cathedral in the 30s, candid pictures of your best friends enjoying a gig in the Lad's Club in the 70s, and those old school photos in The Loft from the 80s? We want those too!
From the old cobbled streets of Elm Hill to the buzz of the old Norwich Market, everyone has their favourite places in Norwich but what were they like 40, 50, 60 years ago? Norwich Remembers delves deep into the Evening News archives to discover and share with you the history of a fine city with a new post every single day.
With almost 500 members signed up already, we've got a community talking, making connections and sharing their memories of days gone by.
Join us on Facebook today!
You may also want to watch:
And don't forget about our 12-page heritage supplement, 'Norwich through the Decades', which can be found in the Evening News every Tuesday. You could even see your memories immortalised in print.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 3 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 7 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 8 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 9 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 10 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan