Join our new Facebook group Norwich Remembers and become one of our local historians
- Credit: EDP Library
Join Norwich Remembers on Facebook today and be part of a community learning about our city's colourful history and charming past.
Norwich Remembers is a group aiming to get the whole of the city reminicising and enjoying snapshots of the past.
We want to see photographs of your ancestors getting married at Norwich Cathedral in the 30s, candid pictures of your best friends enjoying a gig in the Lad's Club in the 70s, and those old school photos in The Loft from the 80s? We want those too!
From the old cobbled streets of Elm Hill to the buzz of the old Norwich Market, everyone has their favourite places in Norwich but what were they like 40, 50, 60 years ago? Norwich Remembers delves deep into the Evening News archives to discover and share with you the history of a fine city with a new post every single day.
With almost 500 members signed up already, we've got a community talking, making connections and sharing their memories of days gone by.
Join us on Facebook today!
And don't forget about our 12-page heritage supplement, 'Norwich through the Decades', which can be found in the Evening News every Tuesday. You could even see your memories immortalised in print.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 5 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 6 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 7 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 8 'Oh God almighty, this woman!' - Zoom council meeting descends into chaos
- 9 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash
- 10 Road closed for 'emergency' repairs to Victorian footbridge