Join in the choir to sing at the Dereham Jubilee Celebration
The line-up of entertainment for Dereham's big diamond jubilee event has been announced – including the chance for the whole town to come together to sing the National Anthem.
An afternoon of music and dance will be performed from a trailer in the Market Place on Sunday June 3.
The event – supported by Dereham Churches Together, Dereham Town Council and Dereham Police – will also include Dereham's biggest ever barbecue and a wide range of organisations will have stalls and games.
A fire engine will be there along with a presence from the Light Dragoons.
The organisers are getting the whole town centre decorated with bunting and they are appealing for anyone with decorations to donate them for the afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham Town Singers will be performing, including the moving Military Wives' Choir song Wherever You Are.
Among the other entertainment is local band The Thinking Men, singer Rachel Fitzgerald, JDT Music, Dance With Me Academy, Act Two Performing Arts and The Puddlemarys.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Residents' anger at Deliveroo motorcycle drivers using pavement shortcut
The community singing of the National Anthem will come in the middle of the event, and just before the church bells are rung.
Help is also needed for stewards and people to be involved with cooking and a company or organisation is also being sought which could loan a refrigerated vehicle for the food for the event.
For offers of help contact Jon Beardon on 01362 854581 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
A Dereham Jubilee Celebration Facebook page has been set up giving all the latest news on the event.