John Monk and nephew Lee Monk charged with murder after attack on Nick Rogers at Wymondham Morrisons
- Credit: Archant
A 43-year-old man and his 19-year-old nephew have been charged with murder following the death of another man after an attack at Wymondham's Morrisons supermarket.
John Monk and his nephew Lee Monk, both from Wymondham, have been remanded in custody charged with murdering Nick Rogers, as well as affray, at the store after an attack on Monday night.
They will appear at Norwich Magistrates Court tomorrow morning (Thursday, July 20).
Police have said no further action will be taken against three other people arrested in connection with the incident - an 18 year-old woman and two men aged 41 and 42.
MORE: Detectives questioning two men on suspicion of Nick Rogers' murder following Wymondham Morrisons assaultA Home Office post mortem was held on Wednesday afternoon, however further tests are required before a cause of death is given.
More than 30 detectives from the Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team are working on the case and enquiries are continuing to examine CCTV and speak to witnesses.
You may also want to watch:
Floral tributes have been left outside the shop, which has since reopened.
More than 30 bunches of flowers have been left outside the front of the Norwich Road store, including a bouquet from Mr Rogers' parents.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project