John Michael Hairdressing Salons raises funds for James Paget
- Credit: Archant
A salon is celebrating after a successful fund raiser for a neo natal unit.
John Michael Hairdressing Salons in Market Row, Great Yarmouth raised £157 for the newborn baby unit at the James Paget Hospital.
Staff decided to hold a competition with customers after their colleague, Amy Frost, fell pregnant.
They held a guess the weight and sex of the baby sweepstake at £1 a go.
Catherine Hough, 77, of Frank Stone Court, Great Yarmouth, correctly guessed the weight and sex of baby Olivia, who weighed seven pounds four ounces.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Hough: 'I've never won anything in my life before so this is lovely. I think it's wonderful.
She won a hamper and visited the salon to meet mum and baby.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 3 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 8 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 9 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 10 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear
First-time mum Amy said her daughter was briefly in the neo natal unit.
She added: 'Everyone at work has been really supportive.'