Canaries fan wants to give Daniel Farke a Christmas present
- Credit: Archant
An artist and ardent Norwich City fan wants to give manager Daniel Farke a homemade Christmas gift – a painted portrait of him wearing a Canaries-inspired crown.
John Etheridge, a freelance artist from Stalham, said he painted the City manager in his spare time as a personal project and that he would love to be able to get it to him.
Mr Etheridge, 56, is a life-long Canaries fan and says "the highlight of my week is listening to the matches on the radio".
He is thankful for the work that Farke has done at Norwich, including guiding them back to the Premier League as EFL Championship winners last season.
READ MORE: Artist uses talent to help homeless at ChristmasNow, he says he "wants nothing more" than to see his painting get to the City manager.
He said: "I don't normally do portraits of celebrities, but sometimes I have a little time where I want to do something for me.
You may also want to watch:
"Daniel Farke has done wonderful things for the club - it's a token of respect. I don't want anything other than to give this to Daniel and hope he likes it."
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation