Woman released in Joe Pooley murder inquiry
- Credit: Archant
A woman re-arrested in connection with the death of Ipswich man Joe Pooley has been released under investigation.
Joe Pooley, 22, was found at around 10.30am on Monday August 13 last year in the River Gipping, near London Road.
A post-mortem examination carried out the following day found the likely cause of death was immersion in water.
Police re-arrested a 28-year-old woman from Ipswich on suspicion of murder on Tuesday February 26.
The woman was taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre where she was questioned by detectives. She has since been released under investigation whilst enquires continue.
You may also want to watch:
The woman had previously been arrested on October 2 on suspicion of murder and was subsequently released under investigation.
A 29-year-old man from Ipswich who has been arrested on suspicion of murder on three occasions is on police bail until March 4.
- 1 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 2 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 5 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 6 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 7 Best bargain ever? Village hall for sale for £35,000
- 8 Man drowned after drifting out onto lake on air bed
- 9 Inquest into death of 22-year-old swimmer at Norfolk beauty spot
- 10 Staff at food firm receive £900 bonus each
A 33-year-old man and a 24-year-old woman, both formerly from Ipswich, were arrested on January 17, on suspicion of murder. They both remain on police bail until April 17.
A 36-year-old woman re-arrested earlier this month on suspicion of assisting an offender was released under investigation.