JD Wetherspoon’s insist they still have Gorleston pub in sights
- Credit: James Bass
JD Wetherspoons insist they 100pc aim to open a pub in Gorleston.
It comes after various local rumours that they were to pull out of the plans despite owning the site at the vacant GT Motors on the High Street.
A spokesman from the company insisted the rumours were false.
They said: 'We have licensing and planning consent but are in discussions with the local authority to clarify some of this.
'At the moment we are not in a position to go on site and don't have any opening dates.'
You may also want to watch:
They added: 'Wetherspoon's are 100pc still aiming to open the pub.'
Planning consent was granted back in October 2015.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Cambridge students get Fakenham question wrong on University Challenge
The £1.5m investment would see the pub move into the vacant GT Motors site, creating 45 jobs, and bringing what councillors said would be a 'positive development' to the town.
A vote was carried out in the summer of last year which as a result it was announced that the pub would be called The William Adams.