Man found dead in river is named
- Credit: Simon Parkin
A man found dead in a river has been named as Jason Mayhew.
His body was discovered on Tuesday, November 26 at about 1.10pm by the River Waveney, Wortham Ling, near Diss.
Emergency services were called to Riverside Place on Ling Road after a resident discovered Mr Mayhew, 40, a marketing assistant from Diss, in the water.
The woman, who asked not to be named, said she had been walking her dogs when she spotted the man lying in the water.
She said at the time of the Mr Mayhew's death: 'I often walk the dogs by the river and they started behaving funny and that is when I saw the body. It was not a pleasant thing. We called the police and there was a huge amount of activity.'
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Coroner's Court has opened an inquest into Mr Mayhew's death with the full hearing set for Friday, May 15.
Norfolk Police treated the death as being unexplained but not suspicious with a report created for the coroner.
- 1 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 2 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 3 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 4 Major boost for £100m campaign to reintroduce rail travel between two Norfolk towns
- 5 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 6 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 7 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 8 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 9 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 10 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
Would you like to pay tribute to Mr Mayhew? Contact Marc.Betts@archant.co.uk